How to make
- 2 pkg (900 mL each)PC® Blue Menu® Chicken Broth
- 2PC® Free From® Air-Chilled Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts (450 g total)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL)PC® New World EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2Onions, finely chopped
- 1 pkg (250 g)PC® Natural Choice Hot Spanish-Style Chorizo Semi-Dry Cured Sausage
- 2Yukon gold potatoes (peel-on), diced
- 2Large carrots, thinly sliced
- 2Stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2Bay leaves
- 1 can (540 mL)White kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 cups (2.5 L)Frozen PC® Organics Chopped Kale frozen
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 mL)Salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL)Freshly ground black pepper
How to make
- Step 1Bring broth and 2 cups water to a boil in large saucepan. Add chicken; reduce heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until chicken is no longer pink inside, about 15 minutes. Transfer chicken with tongs to cutting board; let cool. Remove broth mixture from heat; cover to keep warm. Set aside.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in separate large saucepan over medium-high heat; cook onions, stirring often, until softened, about 5 minutes. Add chorizo; cook, stirring, until lightly browned, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in broth mixture, potatoes, carrots, celery, bay leaves, beans, kale, salt and pepper.
- Step 3Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer; cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are just tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Discard bay leaves.
- Step 4Dice chicken; stir into soup. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.