How to make
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC®Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)Granulated sugar
- 1Clove garlic, minced
- 1 pkg (240 g)PC®Sustainably Sourced Wild Black Cod
- 1/2 cup (125 mL)PC®Organics Long Grain Brown Rice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL)Salt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL)PC®Edamame
- 1 tsp (5 mL)PC®Pure Sesame Oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL)Toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 mL)Canola oil
How to make
- Step 1In small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar and garlic. Bring to a boil. Whisk in miso paste. Return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer uncovered for 10 minutes or until mixture coats back of spoon thickly. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Step 2Set aside 2 tbsp (25 mL) of cooled miso mixture; cover but do not refrigerate. Place cod in shallow glass baking dish and pour remaining miso mixture over it. Cover dish with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Step 3Rinse rice with cold water. In small saucepan, bring rice, salt and 1 cup (250 mL) water to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, for approximately 30 - 40 minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat. Add edamame. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes without removing lid. Stir in sesame oil and 1 tsp (5 mL) of the sesame seeds (if using).
- Step 4In nonstick frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Remove cod from marinade, discarding marinade left in dish. Brush off excess marinade. Place fillets in pan, skin side up; cook for 3 minutes. Turn fillets; cook another 4 to 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily when prodded with a fork.
- Step 5Place half of brown rice edamame pilaf on each of two plates and top with a cod fillet. Drizzle each plate with half of the reserved marinade. Sprinkle with remaining sesame seeds, if using. Serve immediately.