How to make
- 3 cupsready-to-use cubed butternut squash
- 10small multi-coloured carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3 cups)
- 1 cupready-to-use beets, halved
- 2 tbspolive oil
- 1/2 cupPC® Cranberry Vinaigrette , divided
- 3/4 tspsalt, divided
- 1/4 tspnutmeg
- 1/4 tspcinnamon
- bunchkale, stems removed
- 1/2 cupPC® Cranberry Soft Unripened Goat’s Milk Cheese
- 1/2 cupchopped walnuts, optional
How to make
- Step 1Preheat oven to 450⁰F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Step 2Combine squash, carrots, oil, 2 tbsp vinaigrette, 1/2 tsp salt, nutmeg and cinnamon in large bowl. In separate bowl combine beets, 1 tbsp vinaigrette and remaining 1/4 tsp salt.
- Step 3Arrange squash and carrots in single layer on one prepared baking sheet and beets on the second baking sheet. Roast carrots and squash in oven until cooked through and golden brown, 30 to 40 minutes. Add beets to oven for last 20 minutes of cooking time.
- Step 4Place kale leaves in medium bowl. Add 3 tbsp vinaigrette and massage kale leaves until they’re well coated and slightly softened.
- Step 5Arrange kale on a large platter. Pile roasted squash, carrots and beets on top and drizzle with remaining 2 tbsp vinaigrette.
- Step 6Dot cheese and sprinkle walnuts over top, if using. Serve warm.
- Try this: If you can’t find ready-to-use beets at the store, or would rather cook them yourself, simply steam, roast or boil them until tender and peel before using.